Walking the Journey of Faith Together
Welcome to our family website! Whether you are an old friend or new to our family, we hope this site brings you closer to us, and us to you. Over the years, our journey with God has led us around the world, though valleys and extreme challenges, as well as to mountaintops and great pleasures. We've had our share of unexpected twists and turns that have served to mature us and deepen our faith. We hope our journey will be an encouragement to you, and that it might spur you on in your own. Here's the latest snapshot of our journey...
- Two years after working in our professional fields, we joined Mission Aviation Fellowship in 2002. We served 7 years with MAF raising our financial support, learning French in Quebec, Canada, and working 4 years in Vanga, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- After our service with MAF ended in May 2009, we moved to IL where Amy worked as a nurse and Ben earned his Master of Divinity from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (TEDS) in May 2013.
- In July of 2010, Ben had the opportunity to lead a Pastors' Conference in Liberia, Africa, serving with BESTWA (Building Economic Success Together in West Africa).
- In May 2011, we went together to Israel and Jordan with the TEDS study group. It was an incredible trip! Then in March 2012, Ben went a second time, again with a TEDS study group.
- While at Life on the Vine (a liturgical CMA church), Ben participated in the College of Liturgists and College of Preachers, and served as head of the ushering ministry.
- In August 2013 we moved to KY where Ben is pursuing his Ph.D. in New Testament at Asbury Theological Seminary while studying with Dr. Ben Witherington III and Amy is working as a nurse.
- A huge, twin surprise greeted us in 2014... Salem and Ethan! This development now means that Amy is mostly at home and Ben had planned to drop out of the program. However, the Lord has provided in many miraculous ways enabling us to continue.
- Ben is now preparing for his comprehensive exams scheduled for June 2016, and graduates when his dissertation is defended! We are optimistically shooting for May / Dec 2017.
- We are uncertain as yet what lies after graduation. Ben's dream right now is to teach NT in Israel. He will certainly be applying for teaching jobs in the US, Europe, and elsewhere, and we remain open to missions as well.